Lu, G- Week 1- Block Map

PDF Map: ANP201 week 1

The block I choose is the intersection of Beijing Avenue and Linyu road, which is located at the north part of Kunming, China. It is actually a very busy block as well.

I noticed that there are A, B, C, D 4 subway station exits distribute at the 4 corners of the block. When I came out from the exit C, there are 5 electric motor waiting for carrying those who are in a hurry or do not want to walk. When someone came out from the exit, they will ask you like: “Where are you going? I can carry you to there.” There is a young man taking the electric motor while I observing over there.

At the north part of the block, there are two residential areas, and mostly of the cars are go to these two residential areas. I was at the block at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, it is kind of rush hour. In Kunming, the working areas are located at the centre or the downtown of the city, but the residential areas are scattered around the city. So after the 5 p.m. during the weekday, the traffic start to leave the downtown and back to their home. These two residential areas actually are the same community, but they are separated to the two sides of the Beijing Avenue.

At the south east part of the block, there is a shopping mall, which also has one super market inside of it. So there are a lot of people carrying the shopping bags walking on the street. Most of them are carrying the meat and vegetable, walking to the direction of the residential areas. In addition to, the parking lot of the shopping mall bring some pressure to the traffic. At about 5:32 p.m., I notice there is a white BMW SUV almost hit the coming by electric motor when the SUV is out from the parking lot.

At the south west part of the block, there is a new hospital located over there. Because of the hospital is newly established, the visitor volume is not that high as other areas over the block.