Let me start by saying this assignment truly taught me about the importance of family. I discovered trends that I never really paid close attention to before. And honestly I didn’t know much about my family history until I looked into it for this assignment. I wish I knew more, but my mom is deceased and I’m not in contact with my father. Also my family isn’t that close anymore like they were when I was younger, so it was extremely difficult to remember who my cousins were and who was still alive.
Triangles – Male
Circles – Female
Squiggle Equal Sign – Cohabiting couple
Unequal Sign – Divorces
Equal Sign – Married
X through circle/Triangle – Deceased
- My grandparents made the bulk of my mom’s side of the family.
- I have a host of cousins; many I did not list because I couldn’t remember how many of them there was.
- There is an equal amount of male and female cousins on my moms side of the family.
- There are only two successful marriages on my mom’s side the rest are divorces or cohabiting parenting.
- Many aunt and uncles including my mom have passed away
- My fathers side is more male dominate. I have many uncles and few cousins compared to my mom’s side.
- Both of my granddads are deceased and I never met them.
- I found it weird that I knew nothing about my grandma’s (my moms mom) history. Absolutely nothing.