- There are 21 total males in the family; there are 16 total females in the family
- On my Dad’s side of the family all the children born since my generation have been males
- Each of my Mom’s sisters besides her have been divorced
- Only 1 out of 9 of my aunts and uncles did not marry; only 2 out of 9 did not have children
- I have one niece and one nephew; only 3 out of 12 of my cousins have married so far
Overall, the family operates within the bounds of American kinship organization with lineal heritage being identified along bilateral (or Eskimo or Inuit system) lines. In addition, serial monogamy is practiced, and all marriages have followed endogenous rules of similar culture, race, social class, etc., with no forms of monetary exchange involved besides gift giving.
Completing this assignment has made me realize my place within the social structure of my family, and has made me understand and appreciate the past along with giving me insight to the possible future for my family.