- Lecture: 1.1. What is Anthropology? (11 min)
- Lecture: 1.2. The Culture Concept (11 min)
- Lecture: 1.3. Ethnographic Methods (17 min)
- PDF: 1.1. Rosman and Rubel – “Anthropological Perspectives” In Tapestry of Culture
- PDF: 1.2 Geertz, Clifford – “Thick Description” In High Points in Anthropology
- PDF: 1.3. Miner, Horace – “The Body Ritual among the Nacirema“
- Link: 1.1. What is Anthropology?
- Video: 1.1. Doing Anthropology (8 min)
- Blog Post: Map of a Block
- Blog Comment: Comment on the posts of two of your classmates. These comments should be approximately 150-200 words each. Your comment should either add to a classmate’s argument by citing more evidence or respectfully disagree. Base your comments on course readings, lectures, and films. Personal opinions are not the same as reflections based on the required materials.