- Lecture: 6.1. Cultures on the Move (19 min)
- Lecture: 6.2. People on the Move (16 min)
- Lecture: 6.3. The Fate of the World (10 min)
- PDF: 6.1. Bestor, Theodore – “How Sushi Went Global” In Conformity and Conflict
- PDF: 6.2. Williksen, Solrun – “On the Run: The Narrative of An Asylum Seeker”
- PDF: 6.3. McDermott Hughes, David – “Climate Change and the Victim Slot: From Oil to Innocence”
- Film: 6.1. Life and Debt (86 min)
- Film: 6.2. The Gods of Rice (52 min)
- Blog Post: Cultural Boundaries or Consequences of Globalization
- Blog Comment: Comment on the posts of two of your classmates. These comments should be approximately 150-200 words each. Your comment should either add to a classmate’s argument by citing more evidence or respectfully disagree. Base your comments on course readings, lectures, and films. Personal opinions are not the same as reflections based on the required materials.
STUDENT INSTRUCTION RATING SYSTEMS (SIRS) EVALUATIONS:
Direct students to https://sirsonline.msu.edu
Students are required to complete the SIRS Online form OR indicate within that form that they decline to participate. Otherwise, final grades (for courses using SIRS Online) will be sequestered for seven days following the course grade submission deadline for this semester.