• Based on figure 1, I would say that from the information of the two principles of Stratigraphy, Stratum U can satisfy both points because it is the lowest and relatively undisturbed pile of strata that is older than the rest, the second point in determining this answer led to the items that were found in the pile of strata. It consisted of items that were only unique at this level and was very distinguishable from the rest. On these two points I feel Stratum U satisfies this answer.
  • There is evidence of mixing and filling in the upper levels of the Stratum, mainly because of what was found in Stratum B and how it discovered a burial formation within it and seemed to have been filled over it throughout the findings of it. Also, the many different items found within this stratum show that there may have been a mixture between A and B because both had some form of pottery that were painted in red stripes.
  • The evidence lies within the similar items found within multiple layers of stratum because of the pottery; many of the levels can be found with simple fixtures of red stripped pottery that may be a broken piece or whole. Because of this, it shows that additional deposits might have been made and altered the strata formation when filling the site back up.
  • The relationship of the wall with respect to ground level would be between 4 or 5 meters based on the scaling with a 1 to 2-meter width.
  • Looking at the depositional units on the right side of the wall, I would believe that they are older than the ones on the left of the wall primarily because of the items found within each stratum. It looks like the depositional units to the left of the wall might have existed on the ground floor with the fall but either was dug down with it or it collapsed together with it into the ground while the existing right side of the wall lie within the stratum.
  • The Strata bracket that constructs the wall is H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,H’,I’,J’ and K’
  • Because of the law of superposition, I would say that the sequence of burial types encountered in the excavation would be first discovering the burial site inside of stratum P which consisted of a flexed burial pit and was the lowest one found, then the extended burial in stratum B. Overall, this was based on using the first principle of stratigraphy to help note the order

One thought on “W3 Reflection Post

1. Darrell, the strata that bracket the wall in time are P and G, also, it isn’t asking what the distance is between the wall and the ground level, it is asking what layer the wall was built on top of.