(1) Out of all strata, the most detailed archaeological sequence can be determined from Stratum B because it contains a thorough description of a large variety of evidence. Namely, an assortment of pottery and bottles and a burial site with numerous artifacts are described. This evidence can paint a great picture for archaeologists attempting to determine an archaeological sequence.

(2/3) Yes, there is evidence that some mixing and filling occurred within this archaeological site. Firstly, from the diagram Stratum I and Stratum H dig into each other. I believe this pattern could indicate either mixing or filling. Another piece of evidence that points to filling is the pattern of Strata F and E. As Stratum F moves along to the right, it begins to taper off. Stratum E seems to correct that tapering because it does not sit directly on top of Stratum F. This may indicate that Stratum E was laid down to level out the ground.

Finally, mixing is also indicated in a number of different strata based on the fact that they contain some of the same artifacts. For instance, Strata C and D both contain bottles with undecorated triangular stirrups. While this may simply tell us that the same types of bottles were used over a longer period of time, it could also mean that digging and mixing occurred.

(4) From the diagram, I believe that the wall was built on top of Stratum P. In other words, ground level at the time that the wall was built was Stratum P.

(5) Strata H and H’ appear to be about the same age as they are at about the same level vertically as well as containing some of the same artifacts. Strata I and I’ must also be about the same age because they are on about the same level vertically. The same goes for Strata J and J’, and Strata N and K’.

(6) Strata H, I, I’, J, K, L, M, N, O, and P bracket the construction of the wall.

(7) Archaeologists would have encountered the burial in Strata B and C first and the burial in Strata P and Q second. However, due to the Law of Superposition, burial B/C is actually newer than burial P/Q. This is because the Law of Superposition states that the strata at the bottom of an archaeological site are older than the strata at the top of the site.

1. It seems that you took a different approach than the one I took for the first question. I interpreted the question as which stratum comes before others (from the oldest to the youngest). However, it seems that your interpretation was which stratum has more archaeological content. I agree that there is evidence of mixing and filling in the diagram. However, I did not look at any occurrence of this factors in strata F and E as you pointed out. Indeed, it seems that there is some filling between strata F and E. The way that you came to the conclusion that the units on the right side of the wall are about the same age as the ones on the left side is very interesting; I did not come up with any conclusion for this question but after reading yours, I agree with you.