1.) Observing the sequence of layers provided in the figure. It can be determined that Stratum A is the most recent while Stratum U is the oldest stratum in this location. As you descend in layers, they usually increase in age, however if there were human structures that could affect the surrounding environment this could affect how the soil settles causing the layers of strata to vary in size and shape. This can be seen by the wall that was built. It caused layers H through O to vary in depth and shape, which caused the pattern seen in Figure 1.

The second principle looks at what is found within each stratum and look at how they compare to one another. Stratum T and U both contained grinding stones and projectile points. Stratum S and R are strongly related as well as Q, P, and K’. L and J have similar features but are separated by a cement floor. F is closely related to H and H’ and are related to A through D.

2-3.)Mixing would have most likely occurred at Stratum N. N and H have similar artifacts found in both, but they are separated by I through M. Also on the right of the wall I’ goes through H’ to K’ however there are no artifacts that are similar in these layers

4.) The bottom of the wall was built on top of Stratum P and was more than likely built at the same time as Stratum O. Since O is a cement floor at the base of the wall, it is more than likely that O was placed after the wall was built as part of the foundation.

5.) The ages of the soils found of the right of the wall are around the same time as those on the left. The wall kept the deposits separate and possibly divided activities that occurred at this time. Even though the contents are not the same in each layer, there is pottery that has similar colors and features.

6.) The wall is among Stratum H through O with I’ on the right side and G running along the top and slightly on the left. H’, J’, and K’ are at the same levels of the wall, but I’ block all contact with these Stratum and the wall since I covers the right.

7.) Stratum P contains a flexed burial but there is little information to know more about this pit. In Stratum B there is an extended burial containing bowls from that area. In Stratum A there is a more sophisticated burial with a shaft tomb containing the remains of a child in a vessel that is decorated.

1. I also put stratum A as the most recent and stratum U as the oldest. The reason I put that was because of the less advanced the items that were found when compared to Stratum A. You can tell how the culture advanced because of more decoration and add-ons to the artifacts. However, I did not put in perspective of the human activity like you did. Which can shift some of the stratums which was visible with the wall. Even though it wasn’t a great cause in this evidence for the oldest stratum however it could of effect it like how it affect the stratums around the wall which would made it more difficult to determine the oldest stratum.

2. I think it is interesting that you said that the fall probably resulted in separating activities that then resulted in different artifacts on each side of the wall. I believed that there was mixing from a house added later and that that was why there were differences in the artifacts but also many similarities. I think saying the wall was built and that the two sides served different purposes that created the different layers. It also makes more sense because the culture would have been the same so there would be the similarities. That was a very good observation, I hope I will think like this next time.