One) Based on the principles of stratigraphy and law of superposition, the deepest layer uncovered, U, is the oldest layer. This seems that this law can be generally applied to all of the layers with the exception of the wall in layers N through H.

For the law of strata identified by their contents, layers U through R seem related. I found it interesting that Strata J and L seem to be related even though they are separated by a cement floor. Also, how did that wall get so far underground? The right side of the wall seems to not follow the general pattern. The stratas may have been disturbed in some way.

Two) The right side of the wall seems to be mixed in some way. Evidence of collection seems to be present. Also I would count the burials as mixing and filling.

Three) The evidence of collection is found in all the layers on the right side of the wall. The pottery found is the only way to really see the difference in these layers. The pottery was similar to designs from older layers and less similar to the pottery found in layers to the left of the wall. The burials show mixing and filling because the order of the layers are disturbed.

Four) It seems a little hard to tell when the wall was built. Do the concrete floors mean layer N was some sort of underground basement, or was the entire thing built above or underground? There seems to be arguments for both sides. On one hand, the strata to the left have different pottery designs from the designs in the strata to the right. It might be possible that the strata on the left side of the wall was dug out as a house, burial chamber, or a mound of any kind.

Five) I think it is hard to draw a definitive conclusion of the ages of the strata on either side of the wall. I seems that I’ and J’ are related to N. I think it would be easier to tell if there was more information on what the wall and concrete floors actually are.

Six) O through H and I’ through H’

Seven) The sequence of burials for the excavations starts with the flexed burial pit in stratum Q and P. Then the second oldest is the extended burial of stratum C and B. Then shaft tomb dug from stratum A to D.

1. I also came to the conclusion that the stratum U would be the oldest one according to the law of superposition. I think that this law can be used for stratum U to stratum P and from stratum G to stratum A. However, the law of superposition cannot be applied to the strata near the wall due to evidence of collection and mixing as you stated. I also did not find whether the depositional units on the right site of the wall were older than the ones on the left side. I came out with the exactly same burial sequence as you did.

2. Stratum U is surely the oldest one, by applying the first law of superposition. Also, in stratum E there seems to be some kind of evidence for unconformity. It is true that it is hard to tell when the wall was built. I thought that the strata O represented the ground floor. For number five I said that the right side of the wall is older. I maybe wrong but when applying the first law, I saw that the strata on the right side goes deeper as compared to the strata on the left of the wall. For the burial, the lower one is older which seems to be different than the one above it in strata B and C. Newer burial type shows more resemblance to the modern-day style burials.

3. I thought that the wall may have been built in Stratum P or even a little in O. It surely is in N, but according to the law of superposition the oldest layer U. Based off this the wall would have started being built on the lower levels which would be P or O. Of course i may be completely wrong, but this is what i thought about number four. I also thought that the Stratum on the right were older than those on the left. I also saw similarities between the stratum that you stated. In fact, most of them have similarities which make it seem like there was mixing of the stratum.

4. I agree that by using the second principle of stratigraphy, Stratum U is the oldest of them. I found that Stratum A through H was a sequence defined by the presence of red-painted pottery and surfaces. After Stratum H’ that sort of red-painted pottery isn’t found until Stratum N. I also agree that that there is some sort of sequence between Stratum R and U, but I definitely think Stratum U displays unique characteristics, such as the canario projectile points and percussion-flaked choppers. I think it’s interesting that you say you would count the burials as a sort of mixing and filling. I’m not yet sure I agree with this statement, but it gives me something to think about and look into.
    Thanks!