1. The first principle of stratigraphy is the law of superposition, which sort the strata sequence based on its horizontal level. In this case, we can determine the sequence order of those strata without out any other strata at the same level with it. The second principle is the law of strata identified by their contents, which can distinguish one strata from another with its contents. Overall, Stratum U should be the oldest, which lies at the bottom and have relatively undistinguished items. Then T through R in order, which all have triangular-shaped obsidian projectile points, but with other things changed. And Q through P plus K’, J’ and I’ should be in about the same time. Stratum N is relatively independent. Then it should be L, J, H, and H’ in sequence. Then G through F and D through A, where Stratum E is culturally sterile layer.

2&3. Yes. For the tomb starting from stratum A, there is one bowl with circumferential red-painted bands and one bowl with punctate and applique decoration which were found associated with burial. But at the same stratum, the most common dressing is red-painted stripes, and those artifacts probably should belong to stratum E, which remains nothing nowadays. Those stratums near E have similar dressing on pottery with what were found in the tomb. And this might be the result of collecting.

4. I think the wall was horizontal when it is built and was on I’. stratum N, L, J, and H was above the wall and after the sedimentation of the wall, they also settled and became the left side of the wall. The reason is that, on the right side of the wall, those stratums seems to be continuous and pottery in all of them have similar dressing which is vertical bands of zoned punctate decoration; while the left side was totally different. And this probably because they were actually not artifacts from the same time period.

5. I think the relative ages of the depositional units on the right side of the wall are generally older then the left side of the wall. As I mentioned in the question above, I think the stratums on the left side were settled towards there and were supposed to lay on somewhere above.

6. The strata bracket which is construction of the wall probably should be I’ as mentioned before.

7. The oldest burial was at stratum P and dug into Q, and the second burial was at stratum B and dug into C. So in the excavation, it would be in opposite order, which firstly encountered the one in stratum B and then the one in stratum P.

1. I also came up with the belief that stratum U should be the oldest level, however you were much more descriptive in the order! Also, I thought it was very interested how many strata had red-painted stripes which may have been due to collecting or mixing. I agree that the units on the right side of the wall were generally older than the left side of wall, however I thought that the strata bracket that constructed the wall was stratum O, because that seems to be what the wall is resting on. Your post contained many of the same things that I found overall!

2. I really appreciate the detail you went into when analyzing sequences of the strata. I definitely agree that Stratum U is the oldest, and also with your statement about some form of mixing or filling happening in Stratum A around the burial. I also believe that there is an unconformity in Stratum E, since there is evidence of wind-blown territory and no cultural remains found. This leads us to assume some natural occurrence at the time caused there to be a lack of remains. As you stated, I too agree that the oldest burial is at Stratum P, following the second principle of archeology.
    Thanks!

3. I have to ask about how you considered the appliqué and punctate patterning on the bowl alongside the red banded bowl, both of which appeared in the past, but you only considered the red bands as evidence of collection. I’m curious as to why. Did you just consider collection unlikely because of how far down in the strata the appliqué and punctate patterning is?

I also find it interesting how you considered I’ to predate the wall. I believed that, instead, I’ was dug as a pit alongside the wall after the wall was made. I believe that the left side of the wall was the inside and the ground was dug down from there.