Okay so this week has an interesting blog response setup. Some of these really were kind of hard to answer at first, so I hope they’re answered correctly.

1. I honestly am not sure what the question means when it asks about the archaeological sequence, but we know the laws are that of superposition and stratigraphy. One states that dispositional units found beneath an undisturbed pile are older than those above. The other states that dispositional units can be distinguished by difference in various objects and associations they contain. based on the two laws I believe the first law, followed by the second is the best sequence based on my analysis of the evidence.
  2. I believe that
  3. in the figure provided there is evidence of mixing, filling, and unconformities.
  4. It looks like the mixing occurs in at points B and P because those look to be grave sites. The filling looks to occur at those same points but also at point A and a few other places at the site. The breaks in the site are throughout points G and N. There’s a wall there the seems be causes unconformities.
  5. The wall looks to have been built above ground level of the original site. Maybe the wall was bigger at some point because of the unconformities, but its hard to say if that is the case.
  6. I found nothing in the reading that hinted at the relative ages of the objects on either the left or right. The article stated that archaeologists were unsure of the exact chronological order of the site.
  7. I think it is strata G that brackets the construction of the wall. I wasn’t entirely sure what this question was asking. However I believe G is the strata that is correct.
  8. This was another one that stumped me, If it is asking about the burial sequence I would assume that from point U to A is correct. However it seems to obvious and makes me feel like it is incorrect. Because of all of the disturbances, the sequence had to have changed as excavations took place. U-R looks undisturbed, so I will say that the sequence from there is Q-A.