1.) When using both principles of the stratigraphy, as well as the assumption that stylistic change is gradual, the most detailed archaeological sequence that can be established is Stratum U. The first principle allows us to determine the sequence in which cultural assemblages occur in any given locality. Stratum U is the lowest and relatively undisturbed pile of strata and it is older than the rest from a perspective of artifacts. Stratum A contains the newest artifacts. The second principal of stratigraphy states that the units on a site can be differentiated from each other by distinguishing between the uncovered objects-Stratum R-U is the oldest sequence. These stratums contain similar characteristics such as red painted pottery. To establish sequence at a stratified archaeological site, it is essential to apply both stratigraphic principles at the same time. Noticing that super position occurs among the depositional units at a particular site has little archaeological significance unless their cultural contents are also observed.

2/3.) The evidence that shows collection is the dirt that is mixed and filled to the tip. An example of this is that Strata C and D have the exact same artifacts, which is an outcome of mixing and filling. Also, Strata R and S have similar descriptions. This is seen as a discrepancy between the first and the second laws in Strata N.

4.) The relationship can be compared with Strata O- which was built on a horizontal cement floor. This can explain the ground. Also noting that they would have to access the ground at some point to keep its stability. This seems to have a huge variety of items and you can furthermore see the length of the wall.

5.) The relative ages of the deposition can be seen depending on the side of the wall. The left side is younger than the right. The layers clearly go deeper on the right than their left letters. The green, red, and blue pottery was similar as well to the Strata P.

6.) The strata bracket the construction of the wall on the right side has G, I, H, J, and K, while the left side has O-G.

7.) The sequence of burial types encountered in the evacuation were that the first burial occurred in Strata p and was continued into Strata Q. Additionally, the second burial occurred in Strata B and was continued to be dug into Strata C. With this being said, all of the strata have similarities.

1. I think this week’s reflection post is very interesting because it has created some of the most varying responses. Although I answered the first question in a similar manner as yours, I could see how someone might answer it in a way of explaining what has happened in this area to create such a stratigraphy. I can also see your examples of mixing or filling but I noticed a different example where stratum N had the same materials as strata G and H but were separated by other strata. But I agree with your conclusion about the ages of the strata because the strata on the right share many more similarities with the strata below it than the strata on the left do.

2. I had not thought the left side was younger than the right. This would make sense by there being more layers and the associated strata by letters go deeper on the right than the left. The people living in the building could have removed soil as is blew into the structure causing the right to become higher. There is one burial you missed. In strata A there was a shaft tomb that was constructed. It was dug through multiple strata, likely 5 to 6 feet, and a casket with a child was placed at the bottom. This shows that those that created this grave have similar customs to that of present day. This supports the first principle by the highest layer being the most recent period.