This week we were tasked with reviewing the Top 10 Discoveries of 2015. These included sites in Kenya, Jamestown, and St. Martin. The one found to be the most interesting was actually the find in St. Martin. This find was titled in the article “Tracing Slave Origins”. Thanks to the use of newly developed techniques three sets of remains were found now known as the Zoutsteeg Three. Comprised of two men and one woman these remains were found on the island of St. Martin by construction workers back in 2010. As it turs out these three individuals were slaves and of Cameroonian, Nigerian and Ghanaian descent. These remains told archaeologists much about their origins because of the way their teeth were filed down, which was something that was done amongst the Bantu people. I picked this one as #1 because it stood out to me the most. As an African American male I have been interested in tracking my families’ origins and learning these kind of things could actually be useful to piece some of these things together. I also chose this one because as an aspiring forensic anthropologists it would be awesome if I were to one day uncover something like this and aid in identifying the remains. The use of dental filing is what initially caught the eye of the archaeologists who observed the remains. What surprised me most about the discoveries were that there were so many. I wonder why these things aren’t talked about more. Things like Jamestown were incredible important in American history so with findings taking place there I would imagine that it would talked about more. According to the article, “This has important implications for the study of Caribbean slavery and the archaeology of the African diaspora.” I am more so curious to know when the remains got to where they were. Where they there before they were enslaved or was that where they were brought to as saves? Who were their captors? Did they have family or were they a family? I wished these articles were longer and provided this insight. However, I understand that this information may not be available yet. I would like to know these answers should they ever be discovered. Those questions alone make the article number one in my opinion.