W5 reflection post

After reading the Top Ten Discoveries of 2015, I discovered that the article that was the best was the one that was interesting. The “Tracing Slave Origins” article had some amazing discoveries. I think what was shocking was the fact that they found three slaves and by using technology in anthropology were able to define what origin they came from. I found out that teeth are one of the main elements they analyzed for their discovery. They are able to find out the types of food they used to eat which can be linked to their demographics. For example, one of the main characteristics of the people from Africa was that their teeth were grinned down. After reading the Top Ten Discoveries of 2015, I discovered that the article that was the best was the one that was interesting. The “Tracing Slave Origins” article had some amazing discoveries. I think what was shocking was the fact that they found three slaves and by using technology in anthropology were able to define what origin they came from. I found out that teeth are one of the main elements they analyzed for their discovery. They are able to find out the types of food they used to eat which can be linked to their demographics. For example, one of the main characteristics of the people from Africa was that their teeth were grinned down. That is crazy that this was the main element. The “New Human Relative” article was pretty amazing as well, I would say this article was the most profound study out of the articles. Pretty crazy to think about the discovery of a human species. After reading the Top Ten Discoveries of 2015, I discovered that the article that was the best was the one that was interesting. The “Tracing Slave Origins” article had some amazing discoveries. I think what was shocking was the fact that they found three slaves and by using technology in anthropology were able to define what origin they came from. I found out that teeth are one of the main elements they analyzed for their discovery. They are able to find out the types of food they used to eat which can be linked to their demographics. For example, one of the main characteristics of the people from Africa was that their teeth were grinned down. That is crazy that this was the main element. The “New Human Relative” article was pretty amazing as well, I would say this article was the most profound study out of the articles. Pretty crazy to think about the discovery of a human species.

One thought on “W5 reflection post

1. Kaitlyn, I found that article on tracing the slave origins to be very interesting also. The fact that they were able to find particulates in the teeth at all is a feet in itself, but that they would able to take that information and build upon it to make a hypothesis of their demographics is amazing! With the technology available today we can learn so much more about a person than how long ago they died. Researchers can take data and information gathered to paint a picture of whom these people were, how they lived, and the facets of their lives that made them human.