I believe the best and most accurate seriation sequence from oldest to most recent would be:

A,C,J,G,B,I,F,K,D,E,L,H

This sequence would show a gradual change from a vessel with a punctate decorated convex-curved body with short conical spout and flanged rim towards a more cupcake shaped body with a long narrow spout and red painted horizontal bands.  This is the most logical sequence because the section titled “The Data and The Problem” describe that vessel B is older than vessel L which then means that these pottery vessels must have started out with large convex shaped bodies and evolved towards the long narrow cupcake shaped bodies.

The only vessels that may not necessarily fit the sequence would be either vessel A or vessel H

These figures show an abnormality in the sequence that simply cannot be ignored.  Although vessel A has the same body shape and punctate decoration as the earlier vessels, it has an obscure pattern of decoration that is not shared with any other figure which separates itself from the rest of the vessels.  This abnormal decoration could have just been the earliest vessel out of all of them which is why I had put it first or this could be a figure that was traded and brought into the site from a different location and culture.  Vessel H also doesn’t necessarily fit the sequence because of its decoration as well.  Although it has the same cupcake shape as the most recent vessels, its decoration includes somewhat vertical lines again and also punctate decoration as seen before.  Because its decoration is not similar enough to the trend it precedes, this vessel could have also been from a different culture that was brought into the site or because of how recent it was, it could have been a result of mixing.  But because of its body shape, the best spot to place this vessel would be as the most recent figure.

The seriational order established here almost fits perfectly with the stratigraphy findings in Problem 1.  In problem 1, the bottom layers and thus the oldest layers contain potsherds with punctate decoration with flanged and beveled rims along with more rounded convex-shaped bodies which corresponds to the sequence established in problem 2 which displays the concave-shaped bodies with flanged rims and punctate decoration as the oldest.  Moving up the strata, we begin to see more angular shaped bodies with longer spouts and red painted pottery precisely as depicted by the sequence.  This correlation only strengthens the sequence that I have established through seriation.

1. Your sequence looks slightly different from mine. My sequence was J, C, B, G, I, F, K, D, E, L, H. It seems that I have vessel J before vessel C while you have vessel C before vessel J. The same happens to vessels B and G. In fact, this sequences show a gradual change from vessels with punctate decorated convex-curved body with short conical spout towards one with cupcake shaped body with tall spout. Also, you included vessel A into your sequence while I could not find a place for it in my sequence. I see why you chose vessel A as the first one into your sequence. Indeed, it shares many characteristics of the earliest vessels. Other than that, we ended up with the same sequence for the vessels.

2. I got the similar sequence with yours, but a little difference with the position of J. And I actually put J as one vessel that does not fit into the sequence, so I could understand your position regarding the sequence. And I had similar opinion with vessel A with yours, as it seems to have a more complex decoration than others, and I might be the result of culture mixture. Overall, I think your sequence actually make sense to me based on information in the article. I also agree with your opinion with the relationship between this sequence and the seriational order establishment before, as they fit in many fields.