I think the correct sequence when seriating these vessels from oldest to youngest is: vessel A, vessel C, vessel J, vessel G, Vessel B, vessel F. vessel I, vessel K, vessel E, vessel D, vessel H, and vessel L. The order of the vessel and the law of superposition was a major factor when determining the order. Also, the uniques designs of the vessels where the second biggest factor.

-I thought that Vessel A was the one that most did not fit quite correctly into the sequence. Since I had thought that vessel A was the oldest vessel based on the Law of Superposition in addition to its design differences from the rest of the artifacts. The unique pattern really set this vessel apart from the sequence in my opinion. The major piece of evidence was that it was the only vessel with an appliqué punctuate decoration over its entire surface. Just looking closely at the pictures gives a sense of it standing out.

-Even though vessel A’s unique design was a major factor in setting it apart, it is still similar to some of the other vessels. As an example, vessel A shares some similarities with vessel C. Both have some similar features like the massive conical spout with a flanged rim, a massive rounded stirrup, and a convex-curved body with flat bottom. Vessel A does not follow the sequence of gradual changes that the rest of the vessels follow, but I can be seen that vessels A and B share some qualities that make them connected. That being said, it is hard to really place vessel A in a spot. The best I can really say is that it mostly likely belongs next to C somewhere. It could either go between vessels C and F of vessels C and J. Vessel A might not fit correctly in between the conical and straight spouts, which might be the only evidence to stay away from vessel J.

-The seriation order that I found in this problem actually fits quite well with that in problem 1.  In the first problem, the bottom (and oldest) layers contained potsherds with punctate decoration, flanged and beveled rims and also rounded convex-shaped bodies. Problem 2’s sequence is actually quite similar to this as it displays very similar concave-shaped bodies, flanged rims and punctate decoration as the oldest.  When looking at newer strata, there is also a general progression to angular shaped bodies, longer spouts and red painted pottery.