- Lecture: 3.1. Space and Time (12 minutes)
- Lecture: 3.2. Archaeological Remains (30 minutes)
- Lecture: 3.3. Finding Sites – Survey (15 minutes)
- Lecture: 3.4. Excavation (37 minutes)
- PDF: 3.1. Price, T. Douglas (2007) Chapter 5: The Archaeological Record. In Principles of Archaeology.
- PDF: 3.2. Price, T. Douglas (2007) Chapter 6: Fieldwork. In Principles of Archaeology.
- PDF: 3.3. Patterson, Thomas C. (2005) Problem 1 – Stratigraphy: Establishing a Sequence from Excavated Archaeological Evidence. In The Theory and Practice of Archaeology: A Workbook.
- 15-Question MC quiz (15 points):
- Focus: Price chapters 5 and 6 and 4 lectures
- Reflection Post (20 points):
- Title: W3 Reflection Post
- Category: W3 Reflection Post
- Prompt: This week’s reflection post is really an activity that you will write 400-500 words about. Read through Patterson Problem pages 11-17. Then, using the illustration (Figure 1) and the information about each strata given on pages 16-17, answer the seven bulleted questions at the bottom of page 17.
- Reflection Blog Comment (5 points each):
- Prompt: (100 words each) Visit at least two other people’s reflection posts from this week (on Patterson’s stratigraphy exercise) and leave a comment on each.