Title: Which of the six approaches do you think will be most useful to you in studying health?
Body: (300-400 words)
- Explain why you picked that approach from the title
- What is the distinction between disease and illness and is it obvious to you? Why or why not?
- Explain what culture Miner is talking about in the Nacerima article and when you realized this.
- Pick three rituals described in the Nacerima article and explain the kinds of values and ideologies they represent about health/medicine in the Nacerima culture.
Comment: (200-300 words)
- Pick a post with a different approach than yours in the title. Tell them what approach you picked and why.
- The Nacerima article was written over 50 years ago – read though the rituals your classmate analyzed and discuss if and how you could update them to represent current health values and ideologies.
Category: “W1 Reflection”
Post Due: Friday 7/6
Comment Due: Sunday 7/8