Title: Pick a global health problem in a specific area to discuss (HIV in Malawi, sexual health in India, infant mortality in China, FGM in the Sudan, etc.)
Body: (300-400 words)
- Describe the global health problem from your title – what are the origins? What are the cultural, social, political, etc. factors that facilitate it? What are people, governments, NGOs, etc. trying to do to address it? Cite your sources!
- Identify an anthropologist working in this area and describe their work. Cite the article(s) you are referring to!
Comment: (200-300 words)
- Pick a post that addresses a different global health issue from you
- Drawing from the course materials, identify the theory and methods the anthropologist used to address this global health problem.
- Comment on how you think applying anthropology contributed to a better understanding of this global health problem? Use specific examples.
Category: “W6 Activity”
Post Due: Friday 8/10
Comment Due: Sunday 8/12