Title: Which of the six approaches do you think will be most useful to you in studying health? (e.g. “ethnomedical”)
Body: (300 words)
- Explain why you chose to write about that approach
- What is the distinction between disease and illness and is it obvious to you? Why or why not?
- Explain which culture Miner is talking about in the Nacerima article and when you realized this.
- Pick two rituals described in the Nacerima article and explain the kinds of values and ideologies they represent about health/medicine in the Nacerima culture.
Comment: (200 words)
- Pick a post with a different approach than yours in their title.
- The Nacerima article was written over 50 years ago – read though the rituals your classmate analyzed and discuss if and how you could update them to represent current health values and ideologies.
Category: “W1 Reflection”
Post Due: Friday 7/5
Comment Due: Sunday 7/7