Wellness Seeker

Hi everyone! My name is Rei Gjeci and I am a senior at MSU. This past spring I was able to walk at the graduation ceremony but I will not be officially graduated from Michigan State until I complete my online summer courses. My major is Interdisciplinary Studies in Social Science with a concentration in Health and Society. I have taken a few anthropology courses in the past and have really enjoyed the aspect of learning about past and present cultures. I was originally born in Albania and have been in the states since I was 12 years old. Diversity plays a big role in my life and I am always seeking out ways to meet people with very different backgrounds from mine. After I completed an internship in the spring, I was fortunate enough to get hired into the same company and now I am working as a Rehabilitation Aide at a Physical Therapy clinic. This job will greatly benefit me in the future because I plan on attending graduate school in about a year for Occupational Therapy. My goal in life is to help people live a healthier life style and improve their well being.

I chose to post a picture of the arc at Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. Bonnaroo is where I spend a long weekend every summer. Besides the music, which is the best part of the festival, Bonnaroo is a place where 80 thousand people come together, putting any difference aside, and live in a world that we all would love to exist. The variety of people that I am surrounded by is amazing to experience and keeps me going back every year. In the recent years, Bonnaroo has incorporated health and wellness into the festival offers yoga, meditation, and relaxation programs. This is a great way to introduce such activities into people’s lives, which they can use later on. As an Occupational Therapist, I hope to someday open up my own clinic. I wish to incorporate other methods that I will learn down the line, to help people achieve wellness and well being and improve their lives even if it is just by a little. I am looking forward to this course and everything is has to offer. Talk with you all soon!

1. Breanna Block says:

I was reading through some of the posts to do my comments for the other activities when I ran across your post, I couldn’t resist commenting. I love your ideas, I have always been interested in wellness activities too. I especially enjoy things that are different from your traditional trip to the gym. I think that things like meditation or hiking are just as beneficial as daily trips to your gym. I would love to open up my own clinic one day as well, so that and reading that you have been to Bonnaroo really sparked my interest. I have been wanting to go to a festival for almost two years now, but haven’t been able to get a group of people around in time. I would love to hear more about your experience there. Good luck with your new job too! It sounds like it will give you great experience for the future!