Title: Write down the “race/s” you identify with and a health disparity that is disproportionately prevalence among that group. (e.g. “Hypertension among African Americans”, “Cystic Fibrosis among White Americans”, “Cervical Cancer among Asian women”, etc)
Body: (300 words)
- Insert a graph or image illustrating this health disparity [CITE YOUR SOURCE in Chicago style]
- Explain the health disparity you chose in your title and explain why you think it is so prevalent among that group (genetic factors? social determinants?…) [CITE YOUR SOURCES in Chicago style]
- Based on the materials from this week, explain the relationship between race, genetics, and health. Be thorough in your explanation and use examples from class.
Comment: (200 words)
- Choose a post that identified a different health disparity in their title.
- Read through their post and evaluate their explanation of the relationship between race, genetics and health? Is there something they didn’t consider? Did they mention something you wouldn’t have considered?
- Tell them how useful you think racial categories are in clinical studies and offer them a better way of talking about racialized health disparities.
Category: “W2 Reflection”
Post Due: Friday 7/12
Comment Due: Sunday 7/14