Title: This week we have seen several examples of healers in various ethnomedical systems and healthcare sectors. Choose one to reflect on further (e.g. “Clown Doctors in NYC, Shamans in Mongolia”, “Medical Doctors in Japan”, etc)
Body: (300 words)
- Summarize the article/link/film(s) you are reflecting on
- Who are the healers, what is their social status, what techniques do they use, and how do they interact with their patients?
- Describe the system/sector(s) and the culture they operate in – How is healthcare delivered in this system? How are the body and symptoms understood and treated?
Comment: (200 words)
- Choose a post that identified a different healer and/or system in their title
- How do they compare to biomedical doctors and/or how healthcare is delivered in the U.S.? Do these healers seem credible, legitimate, effective, etc? Justify your answer
Category: “W3 Reflection”
Post Due: Friday 7/19
Comment Due: Sunday 7/21