There are two types of assignments in this course: blog posts & blog comments. To see how to create a post and a comment watch this tutorial on how to use the course blog.
BLOG POSTS: (10 pts) Each week you will have create 2 posts that are due by Friday at 11:59pm EST. The directions for the posts will be given to you in the prompt which is linked in the weekly schedule. Make sure you are creating a brand new post and not just “replying” to my prompt. Your post should be thoughtful, respectful, grammatically correct, and address the points listed in the prompt. Make sure you categorize the post properly and that you are publishing the post instead of just saving a draft.
- Reflection Post: 300 word synthesis of the week’s materials: Due by Friday @ 11:59pm EST
- Activity Post: Varies from week to week – instructions given on schedule page: Due by Friday @ 11:59pm EST
BLOG COMMENTS: (10 pts) Each week you will also have to comment on two different posts (a reflection post and an activity post) by Sunday at 11:59pm EST. These are comments that are left on another student’s weekly posts that were turned in each Friday. To do this, you will read though all the posts in the corresponding category and find one that captures your interest. Just hit the “reply” button to write your comment. The instructions for the comment are included in the corresponding post prompt for that week.
- Reflection Comment: 200 word reply to some else’s reflection post: Due by Sunday @ 11:59pm EST
- Activity Comment: 200 word reply to some else’s activity post: Due by Sunday @ 11:59pm EST
GRADING: Posts are are graded pass/fail – if you meet all the criteria you get all 10 points, if not you get a zero. You can assume you have full points for the post UNLESS:
- You did not do the post/comment
- Your post/comment was under the required word length
- Your post/comment did not address the questions
- You did not “publish” the post and only saved it as a draft
- You did not categorize the post correctly
WEEBLY Website: (120 pts) The final project for this class is building a website based on an illness of your choice. Each week you will be creating a page which uses that week’s course materials to analyze that illness from a different approach within medical anthropology. Directions for this assignment is found on this page.
- Weebly Pages: Must address the points listed in the course weebly page for that week
- Final Weebly: Due by Wednesday 8/14/2013 at 11:59pm.
This course is based on total points – so one point on a blog post is the same as a point on the blog comment, etc. I will finalize the points total and post it around week 5 so you can calculate your grade. The grading is straight scale:
90-100% = 4.0 85-89 % = 3.5 80-84 % = 3.0 75-79% = 2.5
70-74% = 2.0 65-70% = 1.5 60-64% = 1.0 <60% = 0.0
SUBMITTING WORK: All of your weekly assignments will be turned in on this site via the blog post/comment functions. Nothing should be emailed to us or posted on ANGEL unless we explicitly say so.
If there is one piece of advice I can give you about turning in assignments in an online course, it is to do the assignment in MS word first and then copy and paste it into the blog form. That way you always have a backup copy saved on your hard drive and you won’t accidentally lose all your work. Also – check the class blog to make sure it is actually showing up.
LATE POLICY: In general, late posts and comments are NOT ACCEPTED and will receive a grade of zero. Everything on WordPress is timestamped so we know exactly when something gets turned in. We understand that emergencies come up and technology is not infallible. For that reason, we will drop your lowest post and comment grade (unless otherwise stated).