Title: Which of the six approaches from lecture 2 do you think will be most useful to you in studying health? (e.g. “Ethnomedical approach”)
Body: (300 words)
- Why do you think this approach will be helpful to use/understand?
- What is the distinction between disease and illness and was it obvious to you? Why or why not?
- Explain which culture Miner is talking about in the Nacerima article and when you realized this.
- Pick two rituals described in the Nacerima article and explain the kinds of values and ideologies they represent about health/medicine in the Nacerima culture.
Comment: (200 words)
- Pick a post with a different approach than yours in their title.
- The Nacerima article was written over 50 years ago – read though the rituals your classmate analyzed and discuss if and how you could update them to represent current health values and ideologies.