Born in Germany, raised in Ghana, living in America :)

Hello Everyone, my name’s Delisa Quayson. Like my title states I was born in Germany ( yes i speak German 🙂 ), moved to Ghana when i was three to live with my grandparents, stayed there till I was done with high school (which was two years ago) and now I “live” in America. I’m a Capricorn (born in January, I have two siblings (brother and sister)  and I want to become an Obstetrician. I speak four languages, English, German and two local languages from Ghana (twi and ga).

I am a human biology major, pre-medical and I am minoring in German. Spent the last two months in Germany on a study abroad program and visiting friends and family. I’ll be spending the rest of my summer in Louisiana with my cousins.  I did almost every sport in high school but my favorites were volleyball and basketball. I try to play both sports whenever I can at State. I also love to cook and dance.

This was me (3rd from either side, person on my right is my annoying little sister) at our African Students Gala.

Even though I grew up in a place where it’s summer all year round, I love winter and the white blanket of snow!! I’ll be an RA over at Snyder hall next year, you can guess what my floor activities are going to be :). I will be graduating at the end of this year, a year early and then taking the next year to complete my applications to medical school, take the MCAT and hopefully work or do some research. I have not taken any courses in Anthropology but I’m looking forward to it. I have a friend who has taken an introductory class and says it was one of the best classes she’s ever had! I’m excited for this class.

1. Taz Karim says:

Hi Delisa! Welcome to the course. Reading your title made me think of how all of those countries were in the same group for the world cup this year! How did you know who to cheer for?? 🙂 I am pleased to hear you are so well traveled and look forward to reading your contributions to the class blog.