Chinese Food Junkie!

Hey everyone! My name is Anya Odabasic and I am a senior studying Human Biology. I have had a busy summer taking classes, working on med school applications, and preparing to take the MCAT this August. Along with studying I also work as a C.N.A at an assisted living facility in East Lansing. This job is what really solidified my decision to go into medicine. Seeing the ins and outs of how these facilities are run has motivated me to pursue geriatrics in the future.

Outside of work and school I am pretty active. I play tennis, go to hot yoga classes, and enjoy most outdoor activities from canoeing to hiking. I also really enjoy reading and spending time with family, friends, and my dog.

I do not have any previous experience with Anthropology. Basically my advisor said “Take this class” and since she’s been such a helpful aid throughout my college experience, I did what she said. After reading more about it on Google and on other’s posts, I’m very excited to see what I can learn and how I will develop different views from this course and expand my idea of characteristics that are expected in the medical profession!

IMG_1275DSCN0314

The pictures I have included are of my best friend, Rebecca and my dog, Samson. Through thick and thin animals are always there for you. They don’t care if you totally bombed your exam or were too hungover to go to your 8 a.m. the next day. I honestly don’t know where I would be without my dog. He is the weirdest trick I have ever laid my eyes on, but there is no better feeling than seeing those big brown eyes running towards you as you open the door. Luckily, I can also say the same for Rebecca, besides the brown eyes! I definitely wouldn’t have made it through MSU without her. She is “My Person” and everything in life is so much easier when you have one of those.

1. Taz Karim says:

Hi Anya – welcome to the course! Thats great that you have already had some experience in the medical field and now have a direction you want to pursue. We have a week which looks at the illness experience which should be of interest to you. PS: as I type this, my dog is sleeping on my lap. We are also BFFs 🙂