Figuring things out

Hi everyone! My name is Amber Roberts and this is the last class I need to complete my degree in human bio. Before I was planning to apply to medical school and become an orthopedic surgeon but then I started considering PA school or teaching and now I’m not really sure what I want to do. I know that I want to do something in the medical field, either practicing or teaching, and I have some experience doing both already. For the last two years I have been a nurse assistant at an assistant living, I was a TA for anatomy, and I was also a research assistant for the microbiology and molecular genetics dept. here at Michigan State.

I am taking this class an elective for my major and I have never had any anthropology experience before. However, I have been a  TA for two professors who both got their PhD in anthropology and I learned a lot about their dissertations and what anthropology is all about.

I went to Electric Forest this weekend and below I posted a picture from the music festival. School can be really stressful and overwhelming and I think it’s important to take breaks and do things that you enjoy. I am a firm believer that you need to work hard if you want to play hard, and that it’s important to maintain a good balance in you want to stay happy and healthy!

url.jpg

1. Vanessa Salmo says:

Hi Amber I clicked on your post because of the title at first because we are all figuring things out. I feel like my life plans change from day to day haha! I for some reason am not able to see your picture but I am sure it’s awesome. I am a huge fan of music festivals especially house and electronic. I think it’s crazy that I picked your post because my pictures is a Google image for “work hard play hard” haha its also my life motto. Well awesome, if you ever want to collaborate for this class let me know!!

2. Melinda Zielinski says:

Hey Amber! I enjoyed reading your post because I’m in your same boat. I want to do something in the health field too but not exactly sure what yet. I too worked as an nursing assistant in an assisted living home and I had a love/hate relationship with it (mostly love). It was nice to get my feet wet with that. I also love that you shared that you went to EF this year. I was planning on gokng this year as well until I got invited out to Lake Tahoe California and I’m actually still out here. I love love love dubstep/electronic music. I hope you has a fabulous time at the concert(s). I feel like you and I have a lot in common. I wish you the best of luck in your future journeys of figuring things out. I second what the girl above me said as well, if you want to collaborate don’t hesitate to get ahold of me.