Knowledge is Power

Hi, my name is Moriah Hill, I am a junior and an Interdisciplinary Studies major with a concentration in health and society. I recently took ANP201 and loved it! I decided to take ANP204 because it is medically related and I love the study of medicine and health care. I aspire to a be a Physician’s Assistant then to eventually get my PhD to become a Physician in family practice.  Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be in the healthcare field somehow. First, it was an obstetrician, then a pediatrician, and finally a nurse. I spent 3 years of my life dedicated to nursing. I took a Certified Nursing Assistant class, a Phlebotomy class and I also did much volunteering in hospitals. Since I was 18 I have had several jobs in different health care settings and I am very familiar with being a caregiver. Just recently was it that I changed my career goal to becoming a Physician’s Assistant and taking it all the way to become a doctor and I could not be happier about my decision!  The more knowledge you have, the more powerful you are!

The health care field is something I have a passion for. It’s something I love because I’m responsible for other people’s lives while putting my own life at risk. Being the reason someone lived a little longer makes me feel like I’m making a positive change in the world. Leadership, hard work, dedication and good teamwork are a few characteristics that I will bring to the health care field, along with skills pertaining to the health care field. I am very educated in this perspective and look forward to furthering my education as far as I am able.

Being given the opportunity to have an education opens so many doors, without it I wouldn’t make it very far. With that being said, I value my education. It allows me to excel and actually do something with my life. My education is something that no one can take away, it’s something that makes me different from others knowing they may not possess what I possess. In the past, education was not always free and people of color weren’t given a chance to receive an education. Therefore, I am privileged to be able where I am in my education today, whether it pertains to the healthcare field or not.