Pharmacy Fanatic

Hello class, my name is Ethan Gotz and I am a senior in the Human Biology program. In addition, I plan on applying to pharmacy school in the fall, and hopefully start pharmacy school next year. My choice to become a pharmacist branched on my high school AP chemistry teacher, who was very enthusiastic about chemistry and taught it in a way that really helped me understand the subject. I realized while taking his class that I wanted to find a career that applies chemistry, but I also wanted to help people and find a career in the medical field. Therefore, I believe that being a pharmacist is really something I will enjoy.

One of my hobbies that I take a lot of pride in is my obsession with baseball. I started playing baseball when I was four years old, and I have loved it ever since. Not only do I like to play it whenever I can, but I also like to watch it as well. GO TIGERS! However, when I seriously have nothing to do, I will sit down and watch baseball for an entire day, sometimes watching up to four games on my laptop at once! Some people think I am crazy, but its one way of keeping up with my fantasy baseball team. The picture below demonstrates my favorite place to be on a hot, friday summer evening. Another hobby that I have is that I like to DJ/mix music. I have a program on my computer where it is possible to mix songs together and make them “flow” from one another. I have been doing this for a few years now and have gotten quite good. As I become more skilled with computer music programs, I would like to eventually make my own remixes to songs and mix them together as well.

As for the anthropology course, the only other experience I have with the subject was from my ISS class freshmen year titled “Society and the Individual”. The course started out talking about the history of bone structure, and ended with diversity of cultures. That is why I believe that anthropology is so fascinating, because the subject is very broad and integrative with anatomy (or the tangible subjects) and the cultural (or the intangible subjects) aspects. I am very interested in what we are going to learn in ANP 204, as medical anthropology talks about the different medicines that cultures choose to depend on.