She was a day dreamer…

Hello!

My name is Laceey (yes, with two e’s), I’m a senior, and by the spring of next year I should be graduating with a B.S. in psychology with a minor in anthropology. I’m not quite sure what I want to be when I “grow up,” but as of now I’m okay with that. I’ve always been the type to dip my toes into just about anything. For example, I used to be an interior design major with a minor in French. So to sum myself up in a nutshell, I like a lot of things, and I don’t like to be doing the same thing for too long. I suppose it’s because I get bored so easily that I often find myself lost in daydreams about all sorts of things. But I love variety and spontaneity so much that I wouldn’t want it any other way. 🙂

Anyways, I’m an anthropology minor so I’ve had some experience in anthropology. Most notably, last summer I went on an archaeological dig of the Maya in Belize with Dr. Wrobel. Probably, one the coolest things I’ve ever done but also extremely physically demanding (we hiked a least 6 miles a day in the rainforest). I learned a lot, got to experience a very eclectic culture, and I was among some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. If you’re into caves, burial sites, hiking, and digging up old stuff I highly recommend it as a study abroad!

Because Belize was so awesome here is a picture of me exploring in the cave called Wishing Well. Named for the natural well within the cave. That day I helped map the cave, and a few others were doing excavation. They found a lot of shells, pottery, and nearly an entire hand (no joke!).

Cave exploring

1. Haley Macko says:

Hey Laceey (with two e’s)!! My name is Haley and I am also a senior at Michigan State and will be graduating with a B.S. in psychology. My additional major is Genomics and Molecular Genetics. I chose to comment on your post because I like how confident and secure you feel about not knowing what you want to be when you “grow up” because I am the exact opposite. I have been stressing out about what I should do after I graduate. Should I go to grad school, volunteer abroad or go to PA school. I feel like I should have the answer since graduation is quickly approaching. Also, your study abroad trip sounded amazing! Learning about their culture must have been so interesting and I can’t even imagine how different their customs and traditions must be from either of our cultures.