Avid Reader!!

Hello! My name is Haley Macko and I am a senior intent on graduating after the spring semester with a major in Genomics and Molecular Genetics and Psychology. After 4 years, I will be graduating with 152 credits and 2 majors. A fun fact is I have had to take summer classes each year because I wanted to graduate within 4 years, so no summer fun for me. Currently, I am taking 3 courses this summer session.

I have taken two courses in anthropology at MSU, ANP 220 Gender Relations in Comparative Perspective and ANP 370 Culture, Health and Illness. Additionally, several of my psychology courses overlap with cultural anthropology. My first introduction to medical anthropology was by our professor when she did a guest lecture in my ANP 370 class last spring on her research of ADHD drugs, more specifically Adderall use. Her lecture was very interesting and is one of the reasons why I decided to take this course. The other reason being my interest in all things medicine.

Below is a picture of my cat. Her name is Snow White and I realize her fur doesn’t exactly look white, more orange/blonde, but I swear when she was a kitten it was pure white. I chose this picture of Snow because she loves to help me with my homework so I thought it was relevant for this homework assignment.

IMG_20131025_222404_191