Poverty

I think that the definition of health is a persons physical state  or physical shape which is their mental or physical condition. Illness is the sickness that affects a persons physical state or the persons physical shape. The criteria I used to determine these definitions is based off of the society and personal experience. When I think of health I think of my physical well being, how I feel at the time. If my health/physical well being is different than usual then maybe there is some sort of illness I’m experiencing. Also based on society views of health an individual is considered healthy if there in “normal state” according to the societies definition of normal state.

I chose poverty as a condition that should be considered as an “illness” because poverty can affect a persons physical state and physical shape that can lead to health problems or generally have an affect on a persons overall health. The   thought process on determining whether or not it should be considered an “illness” was based off the fact that if a person is in poverty it can lead to unwanted illnesses or affects the persons physical state due to not having the adequate necessities a person needs to survive based off of Maslow’s hierarchy: love/belonging, self-actualization, psychological, safety, and esteem. Not having love/belonging and esteem can lead to a chemical imbalance and eventually affect a person overall physical state. Just as well as a person not having adequate food/water can affect a persons physical shape by causing malnutrition, which is highly common amongst people affected by poverty.

I also think that shyness is a condition that should be considered an “illness”. The thought process on determining whether or not shyness should be considered an “illness” that I used was based off the fact that shyness affects your ability to communicate with others , which in return can affect a persons physical state that in return has an affect on a persons overall health.