W6 Activity: Post Prompt
Category: W6 Activity
Title: Start your title with the week number (“W6 Activity: ”)
Pick a global health problem in a specific area to discuss (e.g. “W6 Activity: HIV in Malawi”)
Body: (300 words)
- Provide background information on the global health problem from your title – what are its origins? What are the cultural, social, political, etc. factors that facilitate it? What are people, governments, NGOs, etc. trying to do to address it?
- Identify an article by an anthropologist working in this area and describe their work (make sure to include a link to the article).
- Cite your sources at the bottom in Chicago Style
Comment: (200 words)
- Pick a post that addresses a different global health issue and read the linked article.
- Drawing from the course materials, identify the theory and methods the anthropologist used to address this global health problem.
- Comment on how you think applying anthropology contributed to a better understanding of this global health problem? Use specific examples.