W5 Reflection: Post Prompt
Category: W5 Reflection
Title: Start your title with the week number (“W5 Reflection: ”)
Choose a dichotomy in biomedicine to analyze further such as: life/death, nature/culture, male/female, mind/body, treatment/enhancement, doctor/patient, healthy/sick, etc. (e.g. “W5 Reflection: Life/Death”)
Body: (300 words)
- What do we mean by the “culture of biomedicine” and why is this an important concept? Draw on the materials from this week to answer this question.
- Explain your own personal views on dichotomy and where you think they came from?
- Why you think this dichotomy is accepted as logical/natural/true in western society?
Comment: (200 words)
- Pick a post with a different dichotomy in their title to analyze
- Explain why you think it is important for clinicians to understand this particular dichotomy? What are the potential implications if they take it as fact?