Intro: Aspiring Medical Student.

Hello, my name is Jacqueline Kelly and I am a super senior.  I am in the college of Lyman Briggs majoring in Human Biology. Upon research I came across this class and it looked very interesting to me. Being a senior I sometimes need classes that aren’t a requirement and remind me of why I chose medicine. I’m hoping to get that from this class. I have never taken an anthropology course so I do not know what to expect, however I am excited.

Below I added a picture of myself, peer, and three medical students from Yucatan Mexico. In 2014 I had the opportunity to shadow doctor’s and medical students through a MSU program. In Yucatan I was apart of my very first c-section amongst other surgeries. This trip was very memorable and special to me. At some point during college I thought I lost my love for medicine. Going to Yucatan reassured me that medicine was for me.

One thought on “Intro: Aspiring Medical Student.

1. Hi Jacqueline, I love the picture and can totally relate to being disheartened by the medical sciences, but seeing the human side of it does revitalize one’s passion for the science. I definitely had a similar experience