blog 7

Humans are continuing to evolve in many different ways. Every year around the world humans are continuing to get stronger, faster, and much more athletic than previous years. Also we are developing coordination all across the world. Sports are starting to become more and more competitive every single year. If I was asked why this was I would say because of research on how to become a better athlete from kinesiology departments. The level of athleticism that todays athletes compete at is ridiculous. For example look at the Olympics in Rio that are happening currently. Simon Biles has he most gold medals by a single female in the Olympics ever. Her athletic ability is out of this world. Also Usain Bolt has never lost a race, he is basically the fastest human to ever step foot on earth no one has even challenged him to this day. Also the way Michael Phelps has changed the whole sport of swimming is so incredible. He has 23 total gold medals which id the most medals by anyone ever to compete. The fact that humans can swim the way they can is unimaginable because back in the day we weren’t even able to swim so this is something new for our species to learn.

We are evolving because we are still losing are wisdom teeth. Our ancestors had much bigger jaws than we do, which helped them chew a tough diet of roots, nuts and leaves. And what meat they ate they tore apart with their teeth, all of which led to worn down chompers that needed replacing. The wisdom teeth; A third set of molars is believed to be the evolutionary key to accommodate our ancestors’ eating habits. We are still growing because our bodies are trying to accommodate to our lives without have the molars that we used to need but nowadays we don’t need that tooth to eat what we would on a normal day.

We are resisting many diseases and sicknesses too. Many people don’t get sick from certain bacteria like they used to. Over time their lineage can become immune based on how they have fought off a sickness. Also doctors are coming up with vaccines given to babies that can make them immune for their entire lives. Eventually these babies childrens’ children will become immune and this disease can be wiped off the face of the earth.

Our brains are becoming smaller every year. Most people would generally we are getting dumber and we are evolving and we are digressing but studies show that are brains are shrinking because they are learning to become more efficient with less room in the head. So in a sense we are becoming smarter so we can have more room in our heads for more than just our brains. This is a very interesting point I read about because I would never think we would be getting smarter as a world because technology is doing everything for us. But I guess technology is teacher our brains to be more like a computer.

2 thoughts on “blog 7

1. Athleticism is a great way to look at evolution that I did not even think about! I definitely understand your example of how humans are evolving based on physical accomplishments. Every year more Olympic and world records are set and people are becoming more and more athletic. Your example of wisdom teeth was also a really good one. In my post I mentioned how we no longer have uses for our tailbones or appendix and I think wisdom teeth is another example of a physical trait that is direct evidence to evolution. Resistance to disease is another great example. In looking at what types of diseases we are able to withstand today, it is obvious to see how evolution plays a part. Really interesting post!

2. Your blog was really interesting. I never thought about evolution in the sense of humans athletic ability, but it makes total sense. Humans are becoming more and more athletic over the years, and your olympic example is a great way to explain that. Your statement on human brains enlightened me. I had no idea that our brains were becoming smaller every year. It’s amazing how the brain works. It’s becoming smaller because it’s learning to be more efficient, thats incredible! Even your response about our wisdom teeth was informative. I didn’t know that the wisdom teeth is believed to be the evolutionary key to accommodate our ancestors’ eating habits. Overall, I think your post was really interesting and informative. You told me some shocking yet enlightening things.