- Lecture: 1.1. What is Physical Anthropology? (13 min)
- Lecture: 1.2. The Biocultural Interaction (20 min)
- Lecture: 1.3. What is a Trait? (20 min)
- PDF: 1.1. Wiener – Evolution in Action
- Link: 1.1. Diamond – The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race
- Link: 1.2. Explore websites for professional anthropology organizations, including the American Association of Physical Anthropologists and American Anthropological Association
- Link: 1.3. Humans Have Evolved to Reproduce, Not to be Healthy – Listen to the Audio
- 10-Question MC quiz in D2L (complete by 11:30PM on Friday) – 60 minute time limit once you start the quiz
- Reflection Blog Post:
- Prompt: (500-words) Explore one website for a professional organization representing a subfield of biological anthropology, discuss the ways in which such studies contribute to the broader themes of anthropology.
- Reflection Blog Comments: (125 words each) Read 2 other students’ postings from this week’s reflection posts and leave a comment.