- Lecture: 4.1. Primate as analogies for understanding human biology and behavior (19 min)
- Lecture: 4.2. Primate social organization (22 min)
- Link: 4.1. Catherine Brahic – Our True Dawn
- Link: 4.2. Wayman – What is War Good For? Ask a Chimpanzee.
- Link: 4.3. Primate Classification and Phylogeny
- Film: 4.1. “The New Chimpanzee” (55 min)
- Video: 4.1. What Does It Mean to Be Human? (4 short videos (7 min total))
- 10-Question MC quiz on D2L (complete by 11:30PM on Friday) – 60 minute time limit once you start the quiz
- Reflection Blog Post due by 11:30PM on Friday: (500 words)
- Prompt: Focus on the ways in which non-human primates provide information about human evolution. Did any of the information in the videos or links surprise you about non-human primates? If so, what? How do you think we can better understand our own biology, behavior, and culture by studying non-human primates?
- Reflection Blog Comments due by 11:30PM on Sunday: (125 words each) Read 2 other students’ postings from this week’s reflection posts and leave a comment.