Extra Blog Post

After taking the Final Exam today under the complete exhaustion in which finals week always brings over every student year in and out. I reflected upon some of the points in which I found of great significance after adhering to lecture taught by Professor Watrall. I thought in depth about the possibilities of the increasing seemingless technological barrier. Technologically the innovations being made today are intriguing seeing as we can uncover more archaeological knowledge simply from using a telescope or taking a geomagnetic survey of the land. The possibilities in which technology can go in the future will lead to even more great archaeological finds.

When we learned about the Stonehenge I found it simply amazing that the builders, construction date, and how it was constructed are all relatively unknown. The questions that linger around the archaeological findings upon the site are mind boggling and truly captures the imagination of scientists of every facet. Were we as a human race guided by an extraterrestrial being like some theorists have proposed or was the culture that resided amongst the Stonehenge are just more technologically advanced for their time compared to their surrounding constituents. We honestly will never know until it can be proven so through archaeological findings or other accurate depictions of its construction.

Another intriguing aspect of the class was upon the topic of Atlantis. The possibility of once having a great sunken land known as Atlantis, seen to be generations ahead of its time, and eventually collapsed sinking to the bottom of the sea. After watching all of the Disney movies and hearing all of the stories growing up it only further pushed me to investigate more into the credibility of the topic. Only to find that most accounts were misinterpretations of prestigious work taken into the wrong context to fulfill a fantasy belief. I found this upsetting but still of great interest, for it is estimated that something of the same nature is in line to happen to New York. The endless possibilities that we encounter in this world are things that will forever challenge us and push us to our scientific limits of knowledge.

This class has taught me to question the beliefs of others and the only way to truly find the source of the facts is to observe excavate, and ultimately research yourself. For there are some things we may never be able to prove archaeologically but, there are also many things in which others have lacked to observe. Simply put I have learned to investigate the cultural pasts of our ancestors not by speculation from past written works which coud be biased, but instead to expand our knowledge in grasping the concepts of culture as a whole and the role in which Archaeological findings factor in. Ultimately, this class was one of the most interesting classes I have take at Michigan State and further led me to look more into the archaeological aspect of the world and observe the cultural differentiations that occur time in and out and is ever changing.