Week 1 Activity Post

The country that I have chosen to research for the duration of this class is Brazil. I chose Brazil because it is such a wonderful place and it is advanced, but they still have many health problems. In 2012 the demographic indicator showed that there was a total of 1.9 percent growth in the urban population, but from 2012-2030 it is said to decrease to 0.9 percent. The overall population that they took this number from is 198,656 people. Economic indicator showed that the household income for the poorest 40 percent was 10 and the household income for the richest 20 percent was 59. The gross annual income is $11,630. Women have a life expectancy of 110.3 percent compared to males in 2012. , Education, The rate of progress showed that it is 120 under 5 for mortally rate, but the total fertility rate in 2012 was 1.8. , The disparities by residence showed that the use of improved sanitation facilities by the urban was 86.7 and by the rural population was 48.4. The disparities by household wealth was not given in the UNICEF statistics. It is know that in Brazil that dies in newborns are very common and kill a lot of them. However, that happens mostly in poor areas that do not have all the necessities that they need to be healthy. The most famous disease that Brazil has right now is diarrhea, pneumonia, respiratory infections, measles, and smallpox. However, the number one reason people are dying in Brazil is a heart disease. I have family living in Brazil and I would love to help find a way for all these health concerns to decrease and not be an issue in this country.