Introductory Post – Extra Credit

Hello everyone, my name is Kelcie Ouillette. I am a senior and this is actually my very last class I’m taking before I’m done with my degree and my minor. I’m in the College of Social Science, finishing up my degree in Political Science/Prelaw and a minor in Women’s and Gender Studies and will be attending law school in 2019. I am originally from Standish, a VERY small town in northern Michigan. I am currently a Paralegal at a law firm in Okemos, so much of my extra time is normally spent there. Otherwise, I would normally be going to see my family and spending time outside whenever I can. However, I am preparing to take the LSAT in a couple weeks, so realistically, my time is being spent doing that. A fun fact about me is that I’m in the process of starting my own nonprofit organization that will specifically deal with facilitating the asylum or refuge process for women looking to come to the U.S. This is actually why I took this class, because I’m interested in learning more about the health issues facing women in other countries and how my nonprofit could best serve them.