Week 1-Introductory Blog Post

Hi guys! My name is Lauren am I am going to be a sophomore this fall. I am majoring in Biochemistry with a minor in Bioethics and would like to become a doctor or a physician. Also, I am in Lyman Briggs. I took History, Philosophy, and Sociology of science this year and I love learning about how our culture influences science, as well as the other way around. After taking that class I decided to minor in Bioethics, which led me to this class. I am from Michigan, just south of Detroit. Outside of school I like to be outdoors, work out, and hang out with friends. A fun fact about myself is that I have a mini golden-doodle who is absolutely adorable. Finally, one thing I hope to learn from this class is how medicine has helped define what being a woman means. I never thought about it from that perspective and I am excited to learn more.

2 thoughts on “Week 1-Introductory Blog Post

1. Hi Lauren! Welcome to the class!
    I had no idea they had mini golden-doodles! How does that work? Is it a toy poodle with a golden retriever?
    The construction of woman is actually quite a complex subject and we’ll be learning more about that this this week. Medicine has attempted to understand and define femaleness but it more or less just affirms cultural values and ideals.