Introductory Blog

Hello everyone! My name is Atiah Munirah Meli and I will be a senior in this upcoming fall. I am majoring in Nutritional Science concentrating in Global Health and also minoring in Food Processing and Technology. I am an international student from Malaysia. It is a small country in Southeast Asia, located in between Singapore and Thailand. Outside of school, I enjoy watching drama and movie. Besides that, I also enjoy hanging out with my friend and try new food together. A fun fact about me is I do not know how to swim. I try to learn once, but it did not go so well. Hence, I decided to stop. Being a Nutritional Science major, mother and child nutrition and health always be my interest. Therefore, in this class, I hope to learn more about it since this class focus on women and health. Besides that, I also enjoy learning about cultural interaction.

One thought on “Introductory Blog

1. Hi Atiah! It’s great to have you in the class. I’ve heard Malaysia is an amazing place, I know of at least one person who specifically does stroke research in Malaysia. I’m sorry that you still haven’t learned to swim, my partner has taken lessons several time and he still can’t swim.
    As for mother and child health, we will be focusing on that. Our third week we will actually be talking about birth and child rearing classes. That is actually a big interest of mine personally, and I hope you find in interesting!