Week 7-Activity Post

To start off, I learned a lot from this class that I think I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I learned more about how we approach medicine, specifically how we interpret disease, how we can get it, and who is affected, etc. I never really put that much thought into the idea before. However, now I have a new perspective on this as well as on how women are affected by all of this.

Secondly, I really enjoyed all the topics each week. There was not one week when I would be bored with the subject, and each made me consider things I took for granted more closely. I remember thinking when I started each week “well isn’t that a given” and having my mind blown. I enjoyed hearing multiple perspectives because most of the time you only hear one.

Finally, what I think could be done better in the future is giving the students more time to pick their country. Although I did like learning more about Yemen as it related to each topic in the week, I wish I had one or two weeks to decide once I had learned a little more about anthropology. I didn’t know much about anthropology going into this class and I think picking the first week rushed us to decide a little bit.

Overall, I really enjoyed the class, thought I got a lot out of it, and increased my interest in anthropology. I would definitely take another anthropology class as well.

One thought on “Week 7-Activity Post

1. I would love to see you in another anthropology course, we have some really awesome classes on our roster that can fit anyone’s interest or career path. I’m sorry you felt rushed to pick a country, and I think for future courses it would probably be a good idea to clearly communicate what anthropology is to help students with assignments in the course.