Week 7 Activity Post

I could go on and on about how much I have picked up from this class as an individual. There are so many points I could bring up when discussing my growth in terms of awareness, aptitude, and general understandings of how society functions as a whole. Taking this class was a relatively interesting task from the get – go as it challenged us to delve deeper within ourselves when it came to understanding things and ideals such as gender roles, societal perspectives, the affects of individual perspectives and their abilities to either coincide and work against each other. Personally speaking, I think the concept or idea behind being an open – minded individual is taken into account when you look at things like this as we are only able to put together a deeper understanding of the world around us by being open to newer dimensions. This would embody the likes of looking at both new and old philosophies, modernization, health and welfare, etc. As far as what could have been done better, sometimes I felt like the WordPress website would hang up and therefore it would become harder to upload my blog and activity responses. Personally I would just go on to say that this class served to be a fun and innovative approach towards studying interactions with women and how we choose to act as individuals on many customs, rituals, and everyday tasks respectively. I ultimately was able to learn the logic basis behind epidemiology and its relation to women and the rest of the world in this respect.  

One thought on “Week 7 Activity Post

1. Hey! I’m glad that you enjoyed the course and found it impactful, and enlightening. I personally think this is a class that all pre-med students or students going into med should take because it’s very introspective, and brings atttention to cultural issues that pre-med students wouldn’t otherwise be exposed to.