Aspiring World Traveler

Hello! My name is Katie Victor. I am a recent graduate from MSU and am working towards my second bachelor’s degree. I currently work for MSU in their HR department and have been part of the HR team for just over three years now. Besides my love for working in HR I am also an assistant high school softball coach at Okemos High School. I love working with and helping develop young athletes to be strong leaders in the future.

I have never taken an anthropology class before and to be honest, I am not sure why I haven’t! I love learning and experiencing new things in different cultures. For me it is all about going and experiencing not just reading about it. Like I said in my title I am an aspiring world traveler. I have only five US states left to get to, I have lived in a different country for just over three months and I have been to 20+ different countries. My goal is to get to all 50 states within the next year and to get to all seven continents. In December I will go to Australia and in the spring I plan to visit my roommate in China and Thailand.

The photo below is a picture I took less than a month ago. This photo is Antelope Canyon in Page, Arizona. It is important to me because it represent my love of travel and the completion of my goals. I told myself earlier this year I would visit the place at the top of my list and I did! It was a beautiful place and I highly recommend visiting!

One thought on “Aspiring World Traveler

1. Hi Katie!

I also am in HR! I work at a retirement home as the HR assistant. I think its pretty neat your’e going to China and Thailand. You are going to have loads of fun! It was really nice meeting you. By the way, what kind of HR are you involved in?

Nuria