Reflection Post

In my opinion, America has come a long way in relation to the racial movement. I think a lot more individuals are respecting others and we have learned to treat individuals equally, in most cases. I think that we have seen this in a lot of ways. One way that I have noticed is the mixed race marriages. This is so common today and you see it more and more. I think that this has been a step in the right direction that individuals can be accepting of this. Another argument for the post-racial America is that we do have an African American president. This shows that our country is taking the right steps to make everyone feel equal.

I do, however, think that we have a long way to go. We need to continue to fight for equality between all races in America. In this particular presidential election we have seen issues with immigration. Our country was built as a melting pot. I think to continue to see our country thrive we need to welcome new cultures with open arms. A great way of doing this is learning about different cultures. If we can learn to respect different cultures, we can move forward. A lot of individuals think that racism no longer exists. We can see that this is not true when we see the violence in our country that is so prevalent today. I see on an every day basis individuals being treated differently because of the color of their skin. This is still a struggle in the United States that we as students can fight to change.