Terracota Triumph

This is a resubmission, I attempted to submit on Wednesday but could not find it on the page. with that being said I present my blog post: Terracota Triumph:

In our study of the Ancient Chinese civilization and it’s people I found much of the material to be difficult to grasp and to understand. Ultimately I found that it mainly had t to do with a lack of western understanding of the Chinese study. Regardless of the reason why I found it difficult to focus, one image in particular stood out to me having recognized it from its dozens, if not hundreds of appearances in popular culture. Namely the terracotta warriors or as they are also known the Terracotta Army.
The terracotta warriors are right up there with the dragons when it comes to appearances in popular culture of China. I wanted to know a little bit more about these magnificent figures and what exactly their ties to the the civilization were. These artifacts were created during the time of the First emperor Qin Shihuang who sought to become even more powerful and remember after his death. He chased his dreams of immortality through his construction of a massive tomb that took many years to finish, with construction of the tomb being done but upwards of 700,00 laborers and slaves who were sometimes put to death in order to keep the tombs secret location a secret. Inside this tomb were not only the famous warriors, but horses, weapons, and armor for them. To carry on into the next life The
The structure was first discovered in 1974 and is often hailed as on of the greatest agricultural find of all time. According to some of the more recent discoveries have shown that 1800 individual statues have ben uncovered, but most of the complex containing the magnificent warriors remains unexcavated.
The structure had four main pits that were associated with the army. These pits were allegedly designed so that the emperor would be defended from his conquered states hence why the army is faced to protect from the East. The second tomb was designed for cavalry and infantry unit and chariots, meant to symbolize the emperors royal guardians. The third pit contained righ ranking officers and another chariot. Pit four contained nothing and is widely believed to be have either been graverobbeed or far more likely it was left unfinished by the builders of the structure.
Ultimately I found the structure to be an eye-opening look into Chinese architecture. Each of these figures serves as an individual and illustrates how great art and memorials can transcend the barriers of the time they are created and serve as an illustrious example for generations to come.