Intro: Yes, Like The Chips

Hello everyone,

My name is Cory Pringle. I am a senior who will be graduating with a BS in Anthropology in December of this year. I have taken quite a few courses in anthropology here at MSU and each one has taught me something new about the world and myself. I am taking this class in particular because of my interest in medical anthropology. I’m looking forward to working with you this semester.

Remaining true to the theme of this intro post, I decided to include the following image. Unlike the flavor in this image, I am clearly not very original. I chose to include this image because of the association between the chips and my last name.

crisps

3 thoughts on “Intro: Yes, Like The Chips

1. Cory, what a clever photo! My name is Lexi and I am a physiology major. What would you like to do with medical anthropology? I am also interested in the topic!

• My interests tend to lean towards bioethics, physician assisted suicide, and health policy, but to be perfectly honest, there are a handful of topics that I’m interested in. I’m using my last remaining courses to try to narrow down my focus and/or see if something really jumps out at me. I was thinking it might be a great idea to become a healthcare consultant and review healthcare issues from an anthropological perspective.

Side note: If you ever want to chat about medical anthropology, let me know.

2. Hi Cory! I am in complete agreement with you about how each anthropology course I have taken has taught me something new. I am continually interested in learning more and more about the world around me and the people in it. Hopefully this course adds immensely to our growing knowledge of the subject.